Monthly Archives: August 2015

Page 1 of 1112345...10...Last »
 Howard Stutz   Nevada gaming revenue falls less than 1% in July

Nevada gaming revenue in July fell for the second straight month, continuing the state’s up-and-down year in the casino market.The Gaming Control Board said Friday casinos statewide collected $ 922.8 million from gamblers during the month, a drop of just under 1 percent. On the Strip, gaming revenue declined 2.1 percent to $ 524.9 million.Clark…
CasinoCityTimes.com

 John Grochowski   Flush penalty cards and trend betting

QUESTION: In a recent column, you talked about a flush penalty card. What is that?ANSWER: In video poker, a flush penalty card is one in your initial hand that is the same suit as other cards you are considering holding and would decrease your chances of drawing a flush if you discarded it.For example, if you’re dealt Jack-10-8-4 of hearts and 2…
CasinoCityTimes.com

 Howard Stutz   Caesars Entertainment receives favorable ruling from federal judge

A New York federal judge on Thursday denied a legal request by Caesars Entertainment Corp. bondholders that could have sent the entire casino company into bankruptcy.Bondholders claimed in a lawsuit that Caesars broke federal law when it moved the ownership of several casinos and resorts into a separate holding company.According to Bloomberg News,…
CasinoCityTimes.com

 Henry Tamburin   Blackjack misinformation

It amazes me how many blackjack players believe the misinformation dispensed by fellow players, and even dealers, about the game of blackjack. Here are a just a few nuggets of misinformation.“Picture Cards Always Follow Picture Cards.”Some players will refuse to hit their stiff hands if they just saw a picture card come out of the shoe. The…
CasinoCityTimes.com

 Dan Podheiser   Paddy Power, Betfair to merge

Another massive online gambling partnership hit the books Wednesday morning, as sportsbook giants Betfair and Paddy Power reportedly agreed to merge in a £5 billion deal.Final details of the merger are still being worked out, but Paddy Power shareholders will retain 52% of the combined business, while Betfair investors will own the remaining 48%,…
CasinoCityTimes.com

Page 1 of 1112345...10...Last »

usa pokersweden pokerfinland pokergermany pokerspain casinoitaly pokerfrance pokerjapan pokergreece pokerchina pokerbrazil pokerdenemark pokernetherlands pokerportugal pokerindia pokerrussia pokerkorean pokerturkey poker
texas-holdem pokerpoker-player pokerpoker-cardultimate-pokerisrael henrew  pokerpoker-games-norwegianpolish pokerpoker-software-serbianslovak pokerpoker-chips-slovenian